Monday, February 22, 2010

It use to be Wednesday's............


It use to be Wednesday's.......


Every single Wednesday we would drive to the hospital for Noah's appointment at Childrens Hospital in Madera. Noah told me that he would never like Wednesday's again. I thought to myself I wouldn't like Wednesday's either if I had to sit in the back of the car for two hours to get poked & sick from chemo. Then get back in the car and ride home another 2 hours not feeling well. I promised him that it was going to get better and tried to explain how important it was to get treatment for his Leukemia.


Most of the trips my mom would go with us so we could share the driving and not be so exhausted. But one day when it was just Noah and I he said, " Mom just turn the car around and go home." I wished it was that simple to just turn the car around and not have to fight this darn cancer.


Well now it is Thursday's and we are going every four weeks. Noah calls it a vacation from the hospital. Spinal tap every 3 months ( Noah hates that word & doesn't want to hear it). Just so happens the visit this week is the 3 month yucky Spinal. Headache happens everytime so far but I still HOPE & PRAY that this time it will be different. The most important thing is the test results which have been negative every time and we "THANK GOD"!


Noah is doing his very best to get back to being a kid again & it's so nice to see. Going to the skate park, Cousin Delilah's Party, watching a movie at the theatre. All the things we take for granted being able to do so many kids like Noah couldn't and some still cannot.


No comments:

Post a Comment